Sr. Controls System EngineerWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is seeking a Senior Controls Systems Engineer to join our dynamic, growing, and fast-paced Vehicle, Electronics and Software (VES) organization. As a Senior Controls Systems Engineer, you will be a pivotal member of our team; designing, developing, and specifying the software and hardware of our Electronic Control Units (ECUs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for translating feature system level desires into component-level software and hardware requirements for an embedded system into a requirements management tool that accurately reflects the needs and wants of the business while also accounting for the defined system constraint interfaces.
- Ensures overall technical execution for their system is meeting vehicle expectations.
- Works closely with external suppliers and program management to ensure the technical deliverables and milestones of the supplier are completed as required.
- Leads cross functional situations with other internal Polaris Teams as needed to ensure ECU features and design with vehicle functionality is compatible.
- Demonstrates a high degree of coordination between internal and external stakeholders.
- Foresees and corrects highlighted risks and issues that may present themselves over the course of a development project.
- Leads direct involvement with upstream stakeholders to identify and implement opportunities for platforming of ECU’s and features to maximize efficiency and reuse across the product portfolio.
- Provides technical oversight and mentorship for other team employees as appropriate.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. or higher in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering required.
- M.S. in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering desired.
- 5+ years of professional experience with previous industry experience as a full-time, or contractor required.
- Experience with leading design and/or implementation of embedded controls required; related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication strongly preferred.
- Experience writing and reviewing requirements documentation within a formal requirements management tool strongly preferred.
- Experience with software and/or hardware validation and verification efforts including MIL/SIL/HIL, other low-level software verification, and related documentation required.
- Experience with communication networks required; vehicle communication networks such as CAN, J1939, and UDS strongly preferred.
- Experience with vehicle architectures that include ECUs such as a Gateway, or Vehicle Control Modules, connected features such as telematics, over-the-air reflash and multi-CAN-bus electrical architectures strongly desired.
- Experience with Control System DFMEA and functional safety preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required.
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.