Product Quality and Safety LeaderWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Leads the identification and escalation of product safety and quality concerns for Post Sales Surveillance (PSS). Works cross-functionally with Business Units to trend, analyze, and lead data driven decisions regarding product safety and quality. Duties below will fluctuate based on current and emerging needs of the team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes technical and consumer service calls, warranty, warranty parts return data, social media, consumer surveys, and other sources to identify statistical trends relating to product safety and quality.
- Own Anomaly In Review (AIR) checklist completion in order to facilitate decisions.
- Assist and document product safety investigations in partnership with the BU’s.
- Leads cross-functional early warning meetings to inform Global Business Units of emerging issues and drive timeliness of topic progression.
- Monitors and analyzes trends, model year warranty, and out-of-warranty expenses & rates on previous and historical recall/safety topics.
- Drives for process improvements to achieve goal of no signals missed.
- Provides reliability analysis, insight, and tracking.
- Advocate on behalf of customers and dealers, providing insight to product development through service/claim comments and market research.
- Analyzes field problems and supports identification and implementation of solutions with Global Business Unit engineering teams.
- Identify and execute process improvements within PSS organization.
- Supports creation and validation and implementation of new tools / processes to analyze and monitor field signals created by the PSS Data Science Team.
Skills, Experience, & Education
- Bachelor’s degree required; Engineering degree preferred.
- 3 years' previous experience in product quality engineering, data analytics or service preferred.
- Proficient with data analytics, trending and reporting
- Experience in transformative data tools a plus
- Extensive use of the Microsoft Office Suite. Experienced with Excel & Pivot Tables.
- Strong problem-solving, communication & ability to influence required.
- Engineering and office environment conditions.
- Infrequent travel on occasion and according to needs of business as project(s) dictate
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.