Powertrain Technician InternRoseau, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Test setup and execution of development powertrain engines on a dynamometer and in a chassis to meet calibration, performance, emission, and endurance targets. Interpret data and provide test results to the Powertrain Development Engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop powertrains by performing testing, hardware development and assisting in engine calibration on the dyno to meet requirements for engine applications.
· Support development technicians and engineers as needed
· Disassemble and reassemble engines for development and endurance testing.
· Responsible for the reporting and documentation of all tests.
· Responsible for the quality and integrity of test data.
· Must be detailed orientated, able to keep good records, summarize results and write test reports.
· Maintains a well-organized clean work area and meets OSHA requirements.
· Maintain strict confidentiality.
· Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· High School diploma required
· Actively pursuing a diploma/degree in a technical field
· Familiar with powersports, experience preferred
× Basic computer skills(Microsoft Office Suite) required
× Basic fabrication and welding skills preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Must be comfortable working on a variety of powersports engines
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.