Powertrain Development Technician InternWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris Industries is currently seeking a skilled intern to support research and development of our upcoming powertrain projects! As an intern, this 12-14 week program will support new-product development and engineering out of our Wyoming, MN facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instrument engines and vehicles for testing based on written instructions.
- Support development technicians and engineers as needed.
- Conduct testing to support product development.
- Manage vehicle inventory by refurbishing or scrapping vehicles.
- Crate / uncrate vehicles, complete predelivery set-up, prepare vehicles for storage.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Maintains a clean work area and meets OSHA requirements.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
- Travel is not expected but is a possibility.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High School diploma required.
- Actively pursuing a diploma / degree in technical field.
- Familiar with powersports, experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) required.
- Good self-starter and able to communicate professionally.
- Basic metal fabrication and welding experience is preferred.
Must be comfortable working on a variety of powersports engines.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.