Onsite Cisco Network AdminHuntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Cisco Network Administrator is responsible for the administration and monitoring of LAN/WAN and wireless infrastructure. This position will focus on supporting Polaris network infrastructure at facilities in the Huntsville, AL area in addition to supporting global network operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot all network equipment including: Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco wireless controllers, Cisco access points, and F5 BIG-IP LTM
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot Cisco ISE deployment, policies, and profiles and recommend/implement best practices
- Plan, recommend and implement changes and enhancements to the network infrastructure and to network management tools and systems to ensure stable and secure operations
- Configure new and existing technology solutions according to best practices
- Manage and monitor existing technology solutions to ensure they are secured, available and perform optimally
- Perform firmware upgrades to network devices to ensure proper functionality
- Perform bandwidth analysis and capacity planning to ensure performance and scalability of network
- Utilize advanced technical knowledge to analyze, log, track and resolve complex software/hardware issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and issue resolution
- Adhere to and promote existing ITIL processes and standard procedures
- Provide remote support for our global network operations
- Participate in a rotating weekly on-call schedule to support global network operations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience is required
- 2 - 5 years of corporate IT experience as a Network Administrator.
- 2 - 5 years of working experience configuring Cisco switches, routers, and wireless equipment required
- LAN/WAN/Internet infrastructure design and support required. Understanding of routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, static routes, and route maps
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals, security, QoS and TCP/IP planning
- Working knowledge and experience administering a distributed Cisco ISE deployment using device profiling and 802.1X authentication is preferred
- Knowledge of Cisco DNA Center and Cisco SD-Access technologies is preferred
- Knowledge of Cisco/Viptela SD-WAN preferred
- Knowledge of F5 load balancers preferred
- Knowledge of Solarwinds SNMP monitoring preferred
- Knowledge of structured cabling design preferred
- CCNA/CCNP certification preferred
- Mix of standard office environment and manufacturing area work
- Occasional travel (<10%) may be needed for project work/training.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.