Rider Safety Manager, Off Road VehiclesPlymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Effectively lead the Rider Safety Program within Polaris Off Road Vehicles (ORV) including the development of programs and processes that promote safe riding of Off-Road Vehicles. Ensure riders have the proper training, equipment and vehicles to safely comply with all applicable regulations and Polaris’s policies. The ORV Rider Safety Manager will be expected to champion implementation of Polaris’s rider safety policy and processes in support of a zero-harm culture.
This position will be a member of the Corporate EHS&S organization with direct support to the Off-Road Vehicles global business unit.
Location: Strongly preferred to be located in Polaris Bass Creek office (Plymouth, MN), other locations will be considered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Off-Road Vehicles (ORV) Rider Safety Program for the global business unit
- Participate and collaborate in the development, review and implementation of corporate ride related policies, procedures & guidance documents
- Manage ride related incident investigations, root cause analysis, CAPA development, report generation and communications
- Support CAPA completion and validate actions have been implemented.
- Analyze ride related incident data, identify trends and work with EHS and business leadership to promote incident reduction programs
- Work collaboratively with the Senior EHS Manager, Engineering and the Rider Safety Coordinator to develop Rider Safety training programs including content identification, development and facilitation
- Work in partnership with the Rider Safety Coordinator to manage Train the Trainer programs (ASI, ROHVA)
- Manage Off-Road Vehicles (ORV) training programs and volunteers to administer program content and manage reach to the largest population of riders.
- Conduct regular rider safety performance assessments and audits. Follow-up on identified performance gaps and drive to closure.
- Conduct internal and external benchmarking to bring new perspectives from different industries to bear on issues and problems and promote continuous improvement.
- Work with locations and Polaris Adventurers to track vehicle damage that may occur during a riding event and work to ensure repairs are completed
- Engage in the coordination of Employee Riding Events (maintain calendar of events, vehicles used, location set-up, lead rider identification & education, PPE, trailer usage, waivers, training documentation, etc.)
- Conduct pre and post use Vehicle Checks as necessary
- Must be able to become a certified Trainer and assist with training as necessary
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in fleet management, product testing & development or safety function.
- Ability to travel ~25% of the time
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Possess strong interpersonal communications skills including the ability to influence others.
- Strong advocate for change with a bias for action.
- Comprehensive problem solving skills.
- Computer Skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.