Associate Marketing Manager – ORV EventsPlymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The ORV Events Associate Marketing Manager role will assist with planning, managing and executing events across the Off Road Vehicles (ORV) portfolio. This person’s primary focus will be planning consumer events and tradeshows throughout the U.S. with support for dealer meetings, press events and others as needed. As a function of the events team, this role will own event planning from concept to execution working hand in hand with the lifestyle, product and other marketing teams to ensure the products we show, stories we tell and engagements we plan achieve the relevant goals for each brand. This role requires a blend of strategic thinking and creativity as well as significant attention to detail and project management skills. Communication, organization and professionalism are essential, as events are highly visible and important to our business. You will work closely with a variety of internal teams and external agencies, vendors and partners to create impactful, engaging and strategic events. Success in this role requires a motivated self-starter who is detail-oriented with a passion for power sports and event activation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work cross-functionally to manage the planning, execution and results reporting for consumer events in specific lifestyle categories (event assignments will vary throughout the year).
- Assist with development of overarching events strategy and ensure individual event plans align and ladder up to goals. Identify events that align with strategic objectives and make recommendations regarding which events we should attend and why.
- Create individual event plans for each assigned event. This includes but is not limited to overseeing sponsorship and contract deliverables, agency management, logistics, packing lists, layouts, activations, staffing, giveaways, sweepstakes creation, event promotion, on-site execution, dealer and partner involvement, etc.
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact for event agencies and work with other vendors and third-party contractors to ensure seamless execution of events and production elements (including but not limited to event operations, printing and signage, and giveaways).
- Work with marketing team to develop pre-, during and post-event communication (internal and external), social media, PR and promotional plans.
- Collaborate with events team on staffing plans, Polaris’ training team to coordinate demo events and operate as on-site lead as needed.
- Manage individual event budgets, reconciling internal costs as well as agency costs against determined budget.
- Track event effectiveness, and provide timely event recaps following each event with recommendations for improvement.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, communications or related
- 2-4 years events or related business experience
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, managing tasks on time and within budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Creative thinker with an eye for design and high attention to detail
- Experience or knowledge of onsite event management - including set up/tear down, activations, inventory management and event layouts/design
- Ability to generate innovative ideas and solutions and partner effectively with marketing and other creative teams
- Operational and process oriented; strong project management and organizational abilities
- Maintain relationships with internal & external partners to provide support and resolve issues
- Team player who is able to work well across, and up and down the organization
- Ability to work from a variety of locations and environments (this person will travel often) and operate autonomously to deliver results (self-starter)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft suite of products)
- Significant travel required to Polaris-hosted events and industry events and races (typically 1-2 per month – averaging between 25-50%, including weekends)
- Standard office environment when not traveling
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.