Quality Engineer-2nd Shift-Assembly (Line 4)Huntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Assists in the design and installation of quality control process sampling systems, procedures, and statistical techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Front line liaison to production supervisor(s) and staff in executing troubleshooting, root cause analysis and implementing corrective action on issues affecting production.
- Maintains the entire manufacturing quality system for the specific product group.
- Actively involved in design reviews as well as identifying significant and critical feature characteristics on blue prints.
- Responsible for coordination of quality aspects for new product development including but not limited to on-site start-ups and tool and vendor certifications.
- Ensures quality standards are met by all outside vendors, etc..
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Assists in the specification of inspection, testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Establishes and documents critical assembly component criteria and supporting process control information.
- Develops and maintains in-line inspection criteria for critical assembly attributes as well as informational feedback systems from rolling road/finished goods test station.
- Analyzes production limitations and standards, recommends revisions of specifications when indicated.
- Assists in the formulation of quality control policies and procedures.
- Assists in the planning of quality control engineering assignments.
- Coordinates work flow and may supervise lower level technicians assigned to projects.
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Evaluates progress and results, recommends changes in procedures or objectives.
- Develops and implements quality control training programs in conjunction with Human Resources Department.
- Operates within approved budget.
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain a neat, clean, and orderly work area.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. Degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 3 years previous quality control engineering experience preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills required.
- Intense production line presence
- Typical manufacturing and office environment conditions
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.