Sr. Supplier Development EngineerMonterrey
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Must possess Core Values that are in alignment with the Polaris Creed: Understand the riding experience, Live the riding experience, Work to make it better. The fundamental goal is to improve the performance (Price, Delivery and Quality) of the Polaris Global Supply Chain. Primary responsibilities include New Supplier Onboarding and support of the Supplier Continuous Improvement Program (SCIP) which involves the long-term strategic development of suppliers with performance that is below expectations. The Sr. Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) role requires the application of diversified technical knowledge of Quality, Operations and Engineering along with exercising business acumen of Supply Chain Management.
- Conduct Quality, Manufacturing and Production Capacity Assessments
- Execute Root Cause Problem Solving & Corrective/Preventative Action (CAPA)
- Facilitate Risk Management & Mitigation, Improvement Events & Supplier Training
- Development & Presentation of Executive Summaries & Supplier Scorecards
- Development & Innovation of Quality Core Processes (Standard Work)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Engineering Degree and relevant full-time Work Experience in Quality and/or Operations that meet the following minimum requirements: BS Degree with 4 years of work experience or MS Degree with 3 years of work experience.
- Robust Technical Problem-Solving Skills (Six Sigma and/or Shainin Red X)
- Proficient with Quality Core Toolset: Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Diverse Process Experience with various Vehicle Component Commodities preferred.
- Cross Functional Team Experience (Engineering, Operations & Supply Chain).
- Flexibility to travel as required (up to 25%) to supplier locations both domestic and international.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Global (USA, China, Europe, India, Mexico, Thailand, Vietnam) Quality Management System (QMS) Experience with Automotive OEM or Automotive Suppliers (Tier 1 and Tier 2).
Currently possess or obtain at least one of the following certifications listed below within the first year of employment:
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB), Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB). Certified Supplier Quality Professional (CSQP), Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), Shainin Red X Master, Shainin Red X Journeyman.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.