At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking for a Product Embedded Security Systems Engineer. The Polaris team builds world-class connected vehicle solutions for motorcycles and off-road vehicles. As a Embedded Security Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for creating requirements, execution and evaluation/assessments of designs, development, testing and control of major cybersecurity strategies with a focus on connected features and molding the future state of Cybersecurity for Polaris. Interest in powersports is a plus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Chief Cybersecurity Engineer in developing, communicating, and implementing Polaris’ enterprise-wide product cybersecurity strategy & roadmap
- Communicate cybersecurity impacts to internal customers and stakeholders
- Develop, maintain, and communicate meaningful security requirements to systems/component engineers for implementation
- Provide technical leadership and define the strategies and processes for end-to-end security of vehicle electrical architecture and embedded systems
- Lead cybersecurity risk assessments on vehicle systems and subsystems
- Provide guidance to stakeholders (product owners, development teams, system engineers) on security concerns and recommended controls
- Drive resolution for issues identified by accurately documenting, assigning severity, and providing recommendations based on observations
- Actively monitor emergent threats, vulnerabilities, and their impacts to Polaris’s products
- Become the cybersecurity expert for all Polaris vehicle systems & maintain industry expertise by monitoring trends, building, and maintaining professional networks internally and externally
- Document and share expertise through knowledge management initiatives such as design guideline development, internal communication meetings, training material development, etc.
- Customer-focused mindset for delivering solutions balancing stakeholder’s needs with security risk
- Be an active participant in leveraging, developing, and continuously improving best-practices/processes/tools related to development and implementation
- Prioritize efforts on multiple projects
- Integrate with established teams across diverse skill sets and experiences
- Assess cybersecurity risk at the connected, vehicle, and component levels
- Manage Public Key Infrastructure and supporting systems
- Manage Software License risk, targeting open-source software
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software/electrical engineering or equivalent degree
- 3+ years of experience in cybersecurity or automotive engineering
- Strong embedded systems engineering background
- Experience on embedded communications protocols (CAN, SPI, UART)
- Experience in software development – Embedded RTOS and Linux based systems
- Proven experience identifying and closing security vulnerabilities on large-scale, production systems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate large amounts of data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience reporting, managing, and closing security issues in tools like Jira and Bugzilla
- Experience with a product development process
- Experience with software release methods such as stage-gate processes
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Cryptography experience
- Experience implementing connected vehicle solutions
- Experience in at least one modern software programming language (C, C++, C#, Python, Java, etc.)
- Knowledge in ISO 21434 and UNECE RN155
- Experience conducting a Threat Analysis/Risk Assessment (TARA)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.