Industrial EngineerFernley, NV
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
- Partners with DC Leadership to establish strategic roadmap for improvements across the DC
- Effectively manage and communicate updates for key milestones and project improvements
- Establish processes standardization and best practice, effectively partnering with the DC teams including; LEAN, Six Sigma and 6S
- Performs work measurement/time studies to establish time standards and efficient methods
- Analyzes and defines performance measurement (productivity) metrics and methodology
- Assists during lean events within the location including kaizen events, projects and any other activities to improve and further lean efforts
- Identifies productivity and performance data through data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping and/or problem analysis
- Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause
- Performs research and benchmarking on industry best practices related to warehousing and transportation
- Develops distribution center cost controls and standard operating procedures
- Develops office and warehouse methods for machines, tools and equipment, processes and procedures, distribution layout, material handling, and work flow
- Develops, tracks, and implements Kaizen events in coordination with Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Provides on-the-job training or guidance to all levels of the warehouse
- Manage direct reports across maintenance, custodial and slotting disciplines.
- 3+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or Technology comparable degree
- Strong written and communication skills
- Leadership experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Suite including - PowerPoint, Excel & Word
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.