At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for procurement activities required for new Snow and Apparel product launches, new technologies, new / key suppliers, and re-sourcing accessories as needed. This role will make recommendations and seek approval for selecting a supplier that best fits Polaris' quality, delivery, cost, and technology goals for new products and facilitate collaboration across engineering, PG&A product development, and PG&A purchasing team through the launch of new items and/or product lines. The Sourcing Specialist will project manage the onboarding process for new suppliers including supplier set up, training, setting of expectations, and handoff to purchasing and run state teams. The Sourcing Specialist will become an expert in understanding the manufacturing capabilities and new technology for existing and potential suppliers to ensure Polaris is working with the best supplier partners driving additional market share and a premium rider experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Champion’s adherence to the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring product cost, quality and delivery objectives are attained
- Initiates and analyzes RFQ for new products and technologies in line with the sourcing and product strategy
- Partner with Product teams to align on strategy, supplier performance/relationships and develop improved prices and processes
- Understand supplier capabilities and capacities to produce product in line with Polaris volume expectations
- Meet regularly with Production sourcing teams to align on strategy and shared supplier relationships
- Manages relationships and processes with suppliers to support timely delivery of product to the customer
- Coordination of purchasing activities with PG&A purchasing team to transition products from development into full production
- Coordinate and communicate new accessory releases and design changes with suppliers
- Identify and communicate internally any supplier concerns or opportunities
- Support problem resolution discussions with suppliers & ensure the adequacy and timeliness of supplier corrective action plans
- Ensure tooling is adequately sourced based on cost and quality requirements
- Work with suppliers to resolve price and invoice discrepancies
- Support supplier quality function to determine root cause, necessary containment and counter measure activities for quality related issues
- Monitor and drive supplier performance for assigned categories to ensure suppliers are meeting Polaris requirements for quality and delivery
- Assist in the ongoing segmentation of the PG&A supplier base
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- BS/BA degree is required
- 1+ years sourcing or related experience
- Effective negotiation, communication, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Functional knowledge of engineering documentation, manufacturing process control, and technical data
- Knowledge of supply contracts with domestic and international suppliers
- Knowledge of commodity markets, with capability to analyze data and develop strategy
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Fast paced office environment
- Some travel required [up to 10%] to PG&A warehouses, suppliers, and dealers
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.