At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris Huntsville Internal Promotion / Transfer Requirements:
- New Hires must have 1 year Continuous Service from Polaris Hire Date
- 6 Months Between Department Transfers or Promotions
- No Active Corrective Actions
- 2 or Less Attendance Occurrences in each Attendance Category
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review, if applicable.
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
- If selected for the position, you are required to move into the position upon the effective date. If you are no longer interested in the position, you must withdraw prior to an offer being presented.
The material flow engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the flow of parts within the factory. This includes determining quantity of parts needed at the operation and method of delivery using lean manufacturing principles. The BOM, demand requirements, and engineering and model year changes must be considered. The material flow engineer will own the Plan For Every Part (PFEP) database and must be able to work effectively with other groups such as manufacturing and packaging engineering, purchasing, planning, and operations to ensure accuracy of the part data and execution of part changes.
- Enter/request new PFEP data
- Update PFEP data
- Monitor demand/usage
- Prepare Model Year (MY) changes
Engineering Change Coordination
- Maintain change database
- Run change implementation meeting
- Send out notices for actions
Engineering Change Implementation
- Monitor effective dates
- Recommend effective date changes
- Track/communicate part availability
- Follow ECN disposition
- Determine packaging requirements
- Coordinate with packaging engineering and manufacturing engineering as needed
- Prepare containers, labels, documents, locations, etc
- Implement part with ME/Process Tech
- Lead CI activities
- Participate on kaizen/lean teams
- Lead new product material team
- Container/kanban card audits
- Container, label, document updates
- Monitor all part replenishment (supermarket, high pick, sequence, kit, etc)
- Implement container updates based on usage
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with cross functional teams
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to quickly learn new software/applications
- Experience working with manufacturing, AS400 and Bills of Materials preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.