At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Polaris Experience is the #1 Outdoor Ride & Drive experience network. The Business Development Team of Polaris Adventures works to grow our network strategically and wisely. Our team balances evaluating potential partners that will maintain the integrity of our Outfitter Network while educating them on all the benefits of the program. The Business Development team works to understand the competitive landscape and customer value drivers to create win-win outcomes for both our company and our partners. We also work cross-functionally with other departments and dive into all the resources available in order make the best decision possible for the market.
ABOUT THE ORG:
Polaris Experience brings together a select network of Outfitters to provide premium ride and drive experiences at epic destinations nationwide. Creating safe, memorable, year-round adventures for all skill levels, Polaris Experience offers worry free half and full-day options for couples, families, and adventure groups in state-of-the-art Polaris™ vehicles via Polaris Adventures and Indian Motorcycle Rentals
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helping grow the Polaris Adventures Outfitter Network through thoughtful prospecting and evaluation
- Take prospects from introductory call to becoming an Outfitter, all while evaluating if it is a good fit for the network
- Report on prospect activities and progress on a weekly basis.
- Can help the team to build strategies and processes to better handle incoming leads as well as some specific product lines.
- Manages work and contact reporting via CRM tools
- Make recommendations on the market and opportunity in the markets you’re working within
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- High level of discernment, ability to evaluate business plans and partners to find the best option for the Polaris Adventures Network in a Market
- Conducts presentations to new prospects by aligning the selling process to individual partners to cultivate strong relationships.
- Negotiates contracts with prospective investors to gain partnership agreement, works through transitional stages through the hand-off to operations.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff, and clients. Knowing when and how to work with internal departments to move potential prospects forward
- Extremely high say / do ratio; ability to work collaboratively as part of a high-performance team while still being able to work independently as needed.
- Extremely high ethical standards.
- Conducting market research and identifying potential clients.
- Working closely with staff across departments to implement growth strategies.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent business-related experience required; Strong organizational & decision-making skills.
- 3+ years experience in business development; travel, tourism, fleet &/or market network development experience is strongly preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, being able to look at the full picture of a business and find innovative solutions
- Ability to work autonomously through business demands, travel and remote correspondence.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and interact effectively
- Proficient in developing business cases and presentations to investors or businesses
- Franchise, B2B and business services selling experience a bonus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Friendly and personable demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and relevant software
- Corporate- hybrid office environment.
- Up to 15% travel, depending on seasonality
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.