At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Data Analyst will lead analytics insights and reporting efforts for Data & Analytics at Polaris. The expectation is to go beyond traditional analytics reporting and provide/present actionable insights and to facilitate change and improve the business. Key responsibilities include ongoing delivery of reporting and insights, ad-hoc and problem-solving analysis, developing recommendations to improve business performance. Work and collaborate cross-functionally with various stakeholders, IT, Analytics & Data Science teams and outside agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead the development and distribution of new reports, ad hoc analytics, KPIs, financials, and other reports. Reports should include business context and insights to drive business value across our various stakeholders. Gather, analyze, and communicate combination of general market data with internal data (location, sales, NPS, etc.) and outside partner data. Proactively develop performance metrics using multiple tools and data sources. Actively partner, develop effective relationships, and instill confidence with cross-functional stakeholders and other related groups to facilitate and manage efforts across teams to leverage data and analytics to drive change. Partner with IT on any projects that support the areas of responsibility. Lead the development of business processes that are conducive to making the data & analytics team more efficient.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 4-year Degree in Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Mathematics or Quantitative Discipline
- 2+ years of professional working experience (post internships, practicums, etc.) in analytics or related area of focus is required.
- 2+ years of professional experience with SQL queries, data modeling and Power BI and/or Tableau with the aptitude to learn new tools quickly.
- Very Strong Excel skills especially working with pivot tables (Power Pivot a plus), statistical, and financial analysis.
- Ability to effectively foster cross-functional relationships across various teams (e.g. data & analytics teams, sales, marketing, supply chain, etc.) and develop a good view of how the business operates so that analytical results can be framed in a business context.
- Able to effectively present analytic products to business users.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills to manage multiple work requests and projects.
- Strong root cause analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take on diverse ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests involving multiple factors that have various scope/goals.
- High energy and results oriented. Looking to make improvements and change.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and turn around analysis and provide answers quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible in office environment, with remote flexibility. Must be local to the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.