At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Plant Controller for multi-site operation in Monterrey, MX where Polaris welds, paints, and assembles multiple product lines including off-road vehicles and Engines. The Plant Controller is responsible for leading all aspects of finance, accounting and control for the Monterrey area facilities as well as participating as a member of the site’s leadership team. The Plant Controller is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the plant’s financial activity and systems, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis of plant operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare budget and forecast financial statements for the plant location.
• Perform the monthly close process including applicable journal entries and inventory reconciliations.
• Analysis of monthly actual versus budget and forecast.
• Responsible for on-going review and audit of plant financial systems and activities to ensure compliance with company policies and GAAP.
• Preparation, review and approval of all capital project activity in the location including ROI and IRR analysis as appropriate.
• Responsible for the quarterly excess and obsolete review and financial integrity of the process.
• Work closely with site leaders, understanding the various aspects of the operation and the impact change has on financial performance.
• Is active participant on the location’s leadership team in guiding and directing operations and activities.
• Lead, manage direct reports and provide a positive working environment including coaching and development.
• Coordinate documentation and review of processes for SAT and Government offices.
• Train management and other decision makers on plant financial statements and the impacts decisions have on financial performance.
• Maintain and document all processes and procedures.
• Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
• Managing Capital Expenditures.
• Manage Account Payables.
• Receive and participate in independent party and Government Audits.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance is required, an MBA is preferred.
- A high level of knowledge of PC applications and mainframe systems is required.
- Proficient in English Communication Skills
- 5-12 years of experience in finance/accounting is required, cost accounting experience a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting personnel supervisory experience required.
- Experience with Infor Onestream, Mapics, Powerlink and Hyperion planning a plus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing plant environment required.
Office and manufacturing environment. Some travel (<20%) required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.