At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Service Desk Support Specialist
The Service Desk Support Specialist supports Polaris worldwide IT operations, providing first line support of Polaris users with exceptional and professional customer service. This position is to provide technical support for employees and system generated Service Desk submissions, including documenting procedures and managing incidents to resolution or escalation to a more senior team member.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide clear, concise customer service in both phone-based, verbal communication and written, email communication in English
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues following standard operating procedures and using knowledge support tools
- Resolve or escalate service desk submissions using a repository of pre-defined knowledge base (kb) articles
- Collaborate effectively with other service desk team members located across the globe
- Deliver support of Windows based operating systems and Microsoft Office applications as well as other out of the box and developed software packages
- Administration of Account Management activities within Active Directory, IBMi, and other systems
- Support critical systems through monitoring and responding to alerts on the IBMi platform
- Meet all defined metric benchmarks to ensure quality of resolution and customer satisfaction
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and/or collaboratively with remote peers
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required
- General or intermediate knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Intermediate experience with Windows based applications such as Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding and experience of large computing systems such as IBMi (AS400) required
- Experience in server alert monitoring and response
- Previous experience supporting a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience using ServiceNow or other similar issue tracking system preferred
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent experience required
- Min 3 years’ experience working in a corporate service desk setting preferred
- Understanding of SLA and ITIL framework
- Should be available to work in night shifts
- Standard office environment and/or manufacturing (factory) environment
- Occasional travel may be required
- 24/7 rotational shift working
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.