Industrial Design Director (Off Road-Vehicles)Medina, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We are looking for a highly creative and strategically minded Industrial Design Director of our Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) Business Unit. In this role you will provide strategic design vision to develop innovative, engaging ORV products from concept to commercialization. This role supports the Industrial Design VP and business unit leadership to help define, guide, and evolve the long-range brand & product strategies, ensuring a strong brand identity for the ORV divisions. We are seeking an experienced Industrial Designer who can consistently inspire the team and who can deliver exceptional design work. Our team is looking for someone who’s constantly pushing the boundaries of creativity, excited by cross-functional collaboration, and enjoys being an ambassador of our ORV brand and design system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide subordinate designers with time, space and resources they need to create products that inspire our consumers and define the ORV industry
- Motivates, coaches, develops and directs employees to further organizational objectives and promotes employee development
- Work with Industrial Design leadership to establish and promote consistent principles, processes, and methodologies to be used across all of Design and ensure execution of operational strategy
- Lead, develop
- Must lead, develop, and manage cross-functional global teams by setting clear objectives, providing ongoing performance feedback and evaluate potential
- Proven influencing and communication abilities at all levels, including executive leadership
- History of successful change management and delivery against a change agenda
- Demonstrated team-player mentality with a limitless determination to succeed and grow
- Imposes clear sense of direction and purpose and rallies others around the change and/or strategy
- Has a solid, basic sense of finance in a large corporation and partners with ID Operations to guide forecasting, budgeting, and planning for regular financial cycles
- Partner with Engineering Program management to determine progress, timelines, and budgets
- Lead weekly team meetings and provides updates to stakeholders; ensures adherence to schedules
- Directs operations of the Industrial Design Studio by helping set and monitor schedules, budgets, reports, forecasts, resources, and outsourcing
- Requires profound technical & mechanical product knowledge
- Proactively build networks across the company and Industry
- Maintain safe, secure, and legal work environment
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- 4-Year Degree required in Industrial Design from accredited university/college
- 15+ years design experience with at least 7 spent in design management
- Global vehicle development experience required
- Strong portfolio is required
- Strong product knowledge, brand enactment/usage experience preferred
- Team-based, collaborative, fast-paced, office/studio environment
- Position is located in Medina, MN
- 20% Travel Required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.