At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Product Line Sales Manager plays a key leadership role in retail planning and execution, platform go-to-market and product planning, promotions strategy and planning, pricing strategy, and field sales partnership and communication. The role also requires ongoing and effective alignment between the field sales and Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot business teams, as well as the dealer network.
The Insights Manager will lead the consumer insights function and provide strategic planning and input into the brand and product plans for the Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot business teams, and will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of both quantitative and qualitative research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
Retail Strategy & Execution
- Responsible for building and executing industry-leading retail plans
- Manages team that analyzes business data and gathers field insights to understand retail trends and develop retail intelligence, and then drives cross-functional actions based on the retail intelligence
- Conducts retail, inventory and stocking analysis, building recommendations based on the data
- Presents retail/promotional/field sales insights to Indian and Slingshot leadership team weekly
- Leads competitive benchmarking and analysis for promotional, pricing and retail activities
- Owns overall promotional strategy and budget for Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot platforms
- Develops creative new ways to incentivize consumers to buy and dealers to sell
- Partners with platform team members to drive pricing strategy
- Leads retail and market share reporting and analysis
- Serves as the retail quarterback/captain for the Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot MAX-E and GTM teams, driving functional alignment and actions across the functional teams to drive retail results
- Partners with functional experts to suppot SIOP, stocking/profile optimization, and ship to retail execution, leading to improved retail and market share growth
- Proposes and leads countermeasures to influence retail and market share trends
- Partners with the channel and field sales team to gather intelligence, and to drive retail and wholesale planning, activities, and alignment
- Partners with channel, product, and marketing teams to define field sales priorities and tools/training
- Manages cross functional relationships and works as PLS representative on various division-wide projects
- Develops Product Lines Sales team members to improve efficiency and effectiveness at retail
Data Insights & Analysis
- Serve as a strategic advisor across Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot to effectively integrate and leverage brand insights on product and brand strategies to drive business results
- Provides strategic consultation and thought leadership to product and brand teams on identification of business opportunities. Identifies information needs at the brand level and provides strategic input to short and long-term marketing and product plan plans, including robust ideas for new product pipelines
- Uses business knowledge and strategic thinking to help direct the interpretation, use, and implications of consumer, marketplace, competitive and environmental information to improve business decisions and knowledge base for future strategic planning
- Actively engage with internal stakeholders and external agencies to apply insights and enhance results at each stage of the creative process
- Direct engagement with Data Science and resourced with a Data Scientist to drive efficiencies through improved insights.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales or similar field required
- 6+ years of sales and/or marketing experience
- Proven track record of driving results and retail sales growth
- In-depth knowledge of dealers and the channels in which they operate to thoroughly understand the powersports retail landscape
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and a creative thinker with outstanding organization, communication, project management and analytical skills; strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated success working in a very fast-paced environment and ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and interact with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation and strategic thinking
- Must be competent in relationship building & influencing and inspirational leadership
- Ability to apply content from areas, beyond science, to form recommendations, plans or strategies
- Demonstrated success in people leadership and talent management, with ability to get results through others
- Effective project management skills with ability to manage diverse projects with varying degrees of complexity from various stakeholders
- Highly organized and proficient in use of computer software and statistical modeling
- Location – Medina Facility, MN
- Corporate office environment / Flexible schedule aligned to Polaris and GBU strategy
- Travel required, up to 25% of the time
- Dynamic and changing environment associated with growth oriented Business Unit
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.