At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Project Engineer – MTY is responsible for ensuring that the cost, schedule and performance goals are met for their assigned program. This includes BOM cost and budget management, tracking, scheduling, executing pre-production vehicle builds, critical reviews and start of production. Scope extends from pre-production support through line startup, and ongoing production to ensure vehicles are meeting the performance goals set forth at the beginning of the program. Warranty and field issue resolution is also included in the scope of this role.
- Develops/ supports project development schedules including preproduction builds, milestone reviews and identification of critical path tasks for the program
- Tracks project and vehicle cost in detail and completes forecasting exercises
- Drives issue resolution amongst Sourcing, Quality, and Engineering teams in order to keep their assigned project and production lines running smoothly on schedule
- Lead change requests for unplanned quality, warranty, safety changes
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing tasks with emphasis on safety, quality, reliability, delivery and cost
- Support rework activities including investigation, documentation, deviations
- Provide direction, coordination and design trade-offs for designers within the team
- Coordinates development, layout, testing, drafting and fabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule
- Lead and participates in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups
- Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and function
- Utilize the Polaris Product Development Process and Change Control Board Process
- Lead resolution and closure of assigned IRs
- Analyzes manufacturing and field problems. Recommends and implements solutions.
- VIP idea generation and facilitation
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Engineering Degree required
- 3 or more years of previous experience in consumer product engineering preferred.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Skilled in multitasking and executing many tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Creative and innovative
- Decisive and prone to action – self starter
- Quality and customer focused
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Sincere desire to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Up to 10% travel is associated with this role.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.