At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
JOB SUMMARY :
The Technical Writer position is responsible for the development, updating/revision, and release of test procedures/processes and related documents for improved product safety and reliability. The role will require effective communication and cross-functional working relationships with testing, validation, engineering, systems, legal, and product compliance teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Responsible for the development, updating/revision, and release of Off-Road Vehicles (ORV) test procedures/processes, forms, standards, specifications, and related documents. This includes creating Reliance and preliminary test procedures/forms that contain clear objectives, consistent instructions, and appropriate pass/fail criteria for improved product safety and reliability.
2. Includes writing formal test procedures from information contained in previously completed test reports (TRs) contained in the Polaris Design Validation System (PDVS) database.
3. Responsible for the conversion of less formal preliminary test documents to more formal Reliance documents.
4. Responsible for assisting the test development team with the improvement and maintenance of individual system Design Validation Plans & Reports (DVP&Rs) contained in PDVS. This includes conducting test procedure/process related document reviews with respective ORV system subject matter experts and leadership team members.
5. Assists test development team to ensure test procedure/process related documents include appropriate product and testing personnel safety considerations.
6. Develops test plans as required for test procedure development and creation.
7. Assists team to identify and resolve gaps in testing or validation of systems or components.
8. Performs industry research and benchmarking to determine best practices and if there are existing industry procedures/process and/or standards.
9. Provides support for other test development team related activities and duties as required. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• B.E. or B. Tech. in Engineering preferred (or equivalent technical field)
• At least (5) years of prior engineering and/or technical writing related experience preferred
• Experience with Powersports products (i.e. ORVs, All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs), Motorcycles, etc.) systems/components, testing, or validation is a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and EtQ Reliance preferred
• Ability to read/understand industry standards, certification requirements, and technical documentation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with team members and work cross functionally with the larger organization – proficient in English
• Strong ability to write in instructive and procedural styles for multiple audiences
• Strong attention to detail with prioritization and follow-up skill
• Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision
• Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with global team
• Office and/or lab environments
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.