At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Facilities Maintenance Manager is an experienced tradesman that manages the facilities and maintenance team to maintain and improve the Polaris-Huntsville facility and grounds. This position provides technical guidance and management regarding the inspection, installation, maintenance, repair, and modification of all building related systems.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Manage building maintenance staff including recommendation for hire/termination, evaluation, coaching, and discipline.
- Manage operational accounts for building maintenance functions as required and assist in development of operating and capital budgets.
- Respond to customer generated work requests; prioritize, schedule, and assign work to staff, manage work order data in tracking system.
- Ensure that all maintenance repairs are completed adhering to all applicable codes and standards.
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations as related to building operations.
- Ability to read and comprehend schematics, blueprints, and various wiring diagrams.
- Ability to work on aerial lifts, elevated work platforms of up to 65 feet and in confined spaces.
- Recommend and implement improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going basis.
- Respond to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns including elevator outages and fire alarm concerns, makes assessments and coordinates with vendor.
- Use tools, meters, and testing equipment to troubleshoot and solve complex problems in mechanical and electrical systems.
- Coordinate medium voltage repairs with appropriate utility provider.
- Identify energy conservation projects and assist in the planning and implementation.
- Champion the continuous development, improvement, and training for maximum utilization of the energy management system.
- Develop and maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, maintenance staff, and managers.
- Oversee all building systems.
- Coordinate inventory control programs and the purchasing of parts and supplies.
- Develop specifications and manage maintenance and repair service contracts on specialized equipment.
- Practice proper work methods, techniques, and compliance with applicable standards and specifications; enforce safety regulations to ensure compliance in providing a safe environment for staff, contractors, visitors, and employees.
- Required to be on call to respond to plant emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Job Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, engineering, or other technical field.
- Seven (7) – ten (10) years of previous work experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with leadership responsibilities.
- In-depth knowledge of maintenance control systems.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation and Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Organization and Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, and able to assimilate change positively and proactively in rapid growth environment.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Systems and Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial, high energy, driven, hands-on leader.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Use of maintenance tools and equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Office and manufacturing environment. Some travel (<20%) required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.