At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Layout Designer / Master Modeler within the Indian Motorcycle team will be responsible for creating, setting up, maintaining, and ensuring Master Model quality for new development programs. This person will work closely with the program architect, systems engineers, and design engineers over the course of the program to identify potential issues and corresponding solutions. The role is also responsible for ensuring the use of the latest drawing standard and CAD best practices. This role will also support other miscellaneous design activities within their program as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owns the Master Model for multiple programs (simultaneously) and continuously ensures integrity and accuracy of each model. Ensures team members working within the Master Model are adhering to internal and industry best practices and standards.
- Identifies interferences and sub-system interface geometry mismatches within the Master Model. Provides support for issue resolution and ensures desired clearance targets are achieved.
- Creates complex design, drafting, and layout drawings adhering to Engineering specifications.
- Provides CAD support during Engineering Design team meetings.
- Owns Design and Drawing Checking activities for new development programs.
- Provide design and development support for assigned new development programs.
- Support training activities to drive continuous improvement of design and drafting practices.
- Support other miscellaneous project related activities.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Two-year degree in mechanical drafting, design technology, or a related field.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ of drafting/design related experience.
- Highly experienced with Pro/Engineer Creo and the Windchill PLM tool.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Outstanding communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Decisive and prone to action – self-starter. Effective and able to work with minimal direction.
- Strong problem-solving and issue resolution skills.
- Organized and capable of managing and prioritizing numerous projects simultaneously.
- Basic understand of various manufacturing processes including injection molding, casting, stamping, forging, etc. is desired.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Experience with Microsoft software products including Excel, Office, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Fast-paced working environment.
- Up to 10% domestic travel is associated with this role.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.