At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Principal Solutions Architect- Azure Integration is the highest-level technical contributor for their respected technologies, in the application of concepts, principles and processes for an assigned area of responsibility. This role will be accountable for driving technology planning activities and systems designs to meet the needs of the Polaris business. The Principal Solutions Architect is responsible for ensuring solutions are aligned to the business and technology strategy, leveraging enterprise components, and the overall advancement of Polaris technologies. This role will have a broad knowledge of cloud-native architectures, experience with reference architectures and an understanding of modern development practices. Assignments will span from contributing to Enterprise Architecture level standards to the definition of technical solutions for complex projects.
Our ideal candidate will be driven to provide top quality technology solutions that balance the concerns of all stakeholders. This position will require a demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization.
Systems and Enterprise Architecture
- Defines Solution Principals and Standards
- Collaborate with other architects to define and maintain blueprints for an enterprise architecture strategy ensuring integration across global applications
- Leverage technology standards and roadmaps to ensure IT solutions are best aligned to business and IT strategic goals
- Ensure application teams design and deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, and reliable applications
- Research, identify, recommend and document applications, data, platforms and infrastructure for solving and supporting new systems
- Participate in development of technology roadmaps based on requirements of current and future business needs
- Maintain relationships with key technology vendors in partnership with technology delivery team leads to understand and influence vendor capabilities, key trends, and product direction
- Keeps abreast of new methods and developments affecting the organization and recommends changes in emphasis of programs or new programs warranted by such developments
- Educate internal IT teams on roadmaps, standards and new technologies
- Represent Polaris as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects
- Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring influencing and coordination between organizations.
- Influence on multiple disciplines with broad base business contribution with cumulative impact based on technical contribution and program execution.
- Exhibits strong values and behaviors including influencing, coaching and guiding employees at all levels of a matrix organization and is recognized as a strong team leader
- Proactively develops employees through working relationships, sharing knowledge and building networks with across the company
- 4-year degree in IT/Business related field is required, an advanced degree in technology is strongly preferred
- 10+ years of progressive business/technology experience
- 5+ years Solution Architecture experience with broad systems architecture design, planning and implementation including experience with cloud solutions and enterprise services
- Minimum of 3-4+ years of experience with hybrid (Azure cloud & on-premises) integration architecture and application development is required.
- Broad knowledge and experience with any ERP platform is required with a preference given to Microsoft D365 ERP platform
- Experience in the manufacturing, supply chain, sourcing, finance, and engineering domains is highly desired.
- Experience in applications that supports manufacturing plants and assembly lines utilizing IoT devices is a plus.
- Previous experience working with Agile methodology
- Proven success in mentoring and developing less experienced technical team members
- Complete understanding and application of business practices and of technical principles, theories and concepts.
- Solid understanding of how program objectives, tools and resources relate cross-functionally
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.