At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Off Road Vehicle Design Engineer – All-terrain Vehicle Exhaust & Intake
Responsible for leading the design, development, and validation of all-terrain vehicle (ATV) exhaust and intake systems from concept to production. In this role you will be collaborating with program architects, subject matter experts, and product management to define key deliverables, create and execute industry-leading designs which align with Sourcing plans. Additionally, you will be working with Operations to develop and execute manufacturing strategies that ensure production success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop systems for ATV Off Road Vehicles, focusing on engine exhaust & intake systems.
- Ensures designs are meeting the safety, quality, reliability, development schedule, and cost goals set forth by the whole goods and accessory product planning groups.
- Completes design tasks in the Polaris Release System and ensures their timely release.
- Create and maintain component specifications, DFMEA’s, and DVP&R’s.
- Own and manage multiple system development plans from concept through purchasing and manufacturing ensuring the components meet specifications and build dates.
- Supports the validation and manufacturing strategy for all responsible systems from concept through production.
- Determines the ideal component manufacturing method to ensure overall design, performance, and cost goals are met.
- Collaborates with designers and engineers inside and outside of the Off-Road ATV Product Line Engineering team.
- Prepares preliminary sketches, layout, and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solutions of engineering problems.
- Works closely with vendors for the development of new accessory offerings as needed.
- Leads and participates in design reviews on assigned project to ensure adequate input and involvement.
- Analyze field problems and determine corrective actions.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years related design or system engineering experience required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package required, CREO preferred.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) package is a plus.
- Experience using PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management software is a plus.
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups, fit & finish.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with and travel to domestic and international technology partners.
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Fast paced office environment.
- Flexible hours are required to participate in meetings with global team.
- International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.