Senior Software Engineer - IVI MiddlewareBangalore
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking for an experienced senior software engineer to join the embedded middleware team working with our In-vehicle displays and gauges. (IVI) This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected rider solutions. As a senior technical contributor on the team, you will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. The ideal candidate is effective in an Agile development environment, pushing solid software engineering practices and system maturity. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Collect and analyze systems and customer requirements.
• Provide high level estimate and task breakdown.
• Design and develop software according to the requirements.
• Perform design review, code review, and software implementations. This position requires writing C++ code.
• Flexible enough to work on multiple products being produced for a fast-changing market.
• Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience.
• Analyze system performance for bottlenecks.
• Take a leadership role in the ongoing improvement efforts and retrospectives.
• Lead the team and be a positive influencer for high team morale and engagement.
• Other duties and responsibilities as needed. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, EE or related or MS in a related field.
• 5+ years of progressive C++ development experience and depth with templates, patterns, C++17
• 5+ years software development for IVI hardware and middleware projects.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Comfortable using desktop Linux and open-source tools for day-to-day development.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
• Familiarity with Agile software development methodology in Automotive.
• Experience with unit testing and robot framework.
• Tier-1 or Tier-2 working experience for automotive industry.
• Experience with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay or other projection technologies.
• Experience with using Android OS for automotive industry.
• Experience implementing Linux applications and daemons within embedded systems.
• Experience with BlueZ, oFono, OBEX, PulseAudio and/or related open-source audio and media.
• Strong knowledge and experience with Bluetooth (Classic and LE) and audio/DSP technologies.
• Strong knowledge of CAN, Navigation, Apple CarPlay, Sirius XM, and other IVI features.
• Strong knowledge of Linux kernel development.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.