This video goes over the installation of the RAM® Phone Mount (part number 2890545).
Required Tools and Supplies
- T20 TORX®
- T30 TORX®
- Drill Bit: 1/8 inch (3.175mm)
- Torque Wrench
- Multi-Function Pliers
- Shop Rags
- Nitrile Gloves
- Eye Protection
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris XPEDITION.
To install the RAM® Phone Mount Kit on your Polaris XPEDITION, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. To remove the center dash panel, open the tip-out windshield (if equipped), and remove the three screws and washers from the windshield base with a T30 TORX®. Set them aside.
3. Remove the two push-pin rivets from the center dash panel with multi-function pliers, and set them aside.
4. Remove and keep the panel by lifting the front edge and moving backward.
5. On the phone mount, loosen the mount arm by turning the knob for optional support for your phone.
6. Remove the grip from the mount arm.
7. Install the tether X grip over the X grip ball.
8. Install the X grip onto the mount arm, and tighten the mount arm knob.
9. To prepare the panel, find the eight screw bosses under the center dash panel, and drill into each of the bosses with a 1/8 inch (3.175mm) drill bit.
10. Turn the panel over and install the phone mount onto the panel with eight screws and eight washers. Hand tighten the screws until fully seated.
11. Make sure the arm mount knob is tightened, and install the phone mount assembly onto the phone mount through the middle hole, and move the phone mount assembly to the desired location.
12. Rotate the mount arm clockwise to firmly attach the arm mount to the phone mount.
13. To adjust the position of the standing phone mount, loosen the mount arm knob and move it to the desired position.
14. To reinstall the center dash panel, slide the rear tabs into the dash, lower the panel into position and install two push-pin rivets.
15. Reinstall the windshield base with the three screws and washers. Torque to 89 in-lbs (10 Nm).
16. Push the phone mount arms to insert your phone and put the corners of the tether X grip around the phone for extra protection.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
RAM® is a registered trademark of National Products, Inc.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.