The above video demonstrates how to install the 10-inch Rigid® Light Bar (0:21) and accent light (6:46) on your model year 2021 and newer Polaris RZR Trail or RZR Trail S. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your RZR.
Before installing any accessories, park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure the vehicle is in PARK and remove the key.
Note: A front bumper is required to install the light bar.
|Required Tools and Supplies
|1/4-Inch (6.5mm) Drill Bit
|T40 TORX® Socket
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
To install the light bar on your RZR Trail or Trail S, follow these steps:
1. Pull up on the driver’s rear seat lever and pivot forward to remove the seat from the vehicle.
2. Disconnect the negative cable with a 13mm socket.
3. Remove or open the windshield if equipped.
4. Turn the two quarter-turn latches to unlock the hood, and pull forward to remove.
5. Using a pliers, remove two push rivets from the top of the storage compartment or audio head unit, if equipped.
6. Remove the compartment or tilt the audio head unit back.
7. Remove the four dashboard fasteners with a T40 TORX® socket.
8. Disengage the rearmost retention clips and the front two grommets, and lift the dashboard upward to remove it from the vehicle.
9. Move to the Pulse bar, and remove the connector cover.
10. Connect the power connector on the light bar harness to the Pulse bar.
11. Ensure the area behind the witness mark on the bulkhead is clear of any parts or components to prevent damage.
12. Drill a hole through the bulkhead with a 1/4inch (6.5mm) drill bit.
13. Mount the fuse relay into the previously drilled hole.
14. Connect the harness extension to the lighting harness, and route to the driver’s side of the vehicle.
15. Remove the grille by carefully pushing down on the two tabs at the top, and tilt the top forward to pull the grille up and out.
16. Place the light bar on the front bumper.
17. Route the light bar connector up the left front chassis frame, and secure with a panduit strap away from the radiator. Remove excess panduit strap with a side cutters if necessary.
18. Reinsert the bottom retaining tabs of the grille into the fascia, tilting the grille inward, and securing the upper tabs into place.
19. Assemble the light bar by sliding the head of a fastener into the slot on the side of the light.
20. Slide the plastic lock washer over the bolt.
21. Place the curved opening of the light bar mount forward over the fastener and installing a washer and nut.
22. Repeat this process for the other side.
23. Align the assembly with the mounting holes on the bumper, and loosely install the two provided fasteners with washers and two nuts with washers.
24. Adjust the position of the light bar side to side as needed.
25. Counter-hold the fasteners and tighten until fully seated using an 11mm socket and wrench.
26. Adjust the light bar up or down as needed. Tighten the fasteners until fully seated with an 11mm socket.
27. Connect the light harness connector to the light bar connector.
28. If necessary, remove the grommet from the bulkhead, and cut the score marks using a cutting tool and reinstall the grommet. Ensure the grommet is fully sealed on both sides of the bulkhead.
29. Carefully route the switch connector through the bulkhead grommet and into the dash compartment.
30. Remove a blank switch plate in the dash.
31. Route the switch connector into the switch panel, and connect the switch to the switch connector.
32. Press the switch into the dashboard until it clicks in place.
33. Reconnect the negative battery cable. Torque to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
34. Reinstall the seat by aligning the front tabs under the retainer bar and pressing down in the rear to engage the latch.
35. Turn the key to ON and ensure the light bar is working properly.
36. Turn the key to OFF and remove the key.
37. Secure the entire harnesses away from the radiator and any moving parts, using panduit straps and a side cutters as needed.
38. Reinstall the dashboard, ensuring the dashboard clips and stems engage with the front with their retention tabs and grommets.
39. Reinstall the fasteners. Torque to 8 ft-lbs (11 Nm).
40. Align the bottom retaining tabs, and reinstall the compartment or tilt the audio head unit into place.
41. Secure with the two push-pin rivets.
42. Align the mounting tabs on the hood and slide back into place.
43. Turn the two quarter-turn latches to secure the hood.
44. Reinstall or close the windshield, if equipped.
|Required Tools and Supplies
To install the accent lights on your RZR Trail or Trail S, follow these steps:
1. Remove the grille from the front fascia by carefully pushing down on the two tabs at the top and pivoting out to remove from the vehicle. If a light bar is equipped, tilt the light up to gain clearance to remove the grille.
2. Remove and retain the three nuts from the trim piece studs with an 11mm wrench to free the trim from the fascia.
3. Once the trim is free, pull it straight out to remove from the front fascia.
4. Repeat this process for the other side.
5. Align the accent light studs with the holes in the fascia, and press the light into place.
6. Install the previously removed nuts onto the studs with an 11mm wrench, and tighten until fully seated.
7. Repeat this process for the other accent light.
8. Remove the cap from the chassis harness connector, and connect it to each accent light.
9. Turn the vehicle ON, and verify the accent lights operate when the headlights are on.
10. Reinsert the bottom feet of the grille into the fascia, tilt the grille inward, and snap the tabs into place.
11. If equipped, readjust the light bar as needed.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth Sig, Inc.
FANG® is a registered trademark of CIRO, LLC
Pandora® is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, LLC
RIGID® is a trademark of JST Performance, LLC d/b/a Rigid Industries, LLC
Rockford Fosgate® is a registered trademark of Rockford Corporation
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC