At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Title: Senior Software Engineer – Applications and Features.
Department: Ride Command
Reports To: Application and FeaturesEngineering Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking for an experienced senior software engineer to build high quality InfotainmentUser Interfaces. This is an exciting role on the Ride Command team building world-class connected rider solutions. The idealcandidate possesses strong communication, problem solving, attention to detail, design, coding, and testing skills, and is effective in a fast-paced Agile Development environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understand timelines, proactively coordinate, and communicate to ensure deadlines are met.
• Work with Polaris team members and external vendors in multiple locations
• Collect requirements from UI/UX designers, ask clarifying questions, validate concepts and approaches.
• Quickly understand hardware/architecture capabilities & limitations, identify risks and propose solutions.
• Produce task breakdowns and estimates.
• Write modular code that performant, high-quality, self-documenting, adheres to standards and best practices.
• Write unit tests and contribute to test automation frameworks.
• Provide feedback designs and code via peer reviews.
• Assist with integration testing including cloud connectivity.
• Produce documentation that captures assumptions and decisions and builds institutional knowledge.
• Increase the team's velocity/productivity by making suggestions that eliminate waste.
• Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
• A passion for creating beautiful, intuitive user interfaces.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics engineering, or related field
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• 5+ years of Infotainment software development experience
• 4+ years of progressive C++ development experience
• Excellent UI coding skills using Qt and QML
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
• Experience in agile collaboration models (e.g., Scrum) with deadlines
• Experience with well-known design patterns
• Experience of Linux inter-process communication techniques and best practices
• Tier 1 or Tier 2 automotive infotainment experience
• Excellent knowledge of compilers & debuggers for ARM-based development
• Experience implementing Linux applications and daemons.
• Solid understanding of Linux boot-time optimization strategies
• Experience with projection technologies (Android Auto, CarPlay)
• Experience with Android OS for infotainment/automotive
• Experience with wired (USB, Ethernet) and wireless (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi) communication
• Experience with Infotainment Navigation
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.