At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This role is responsible for the development and execution of service strategies related to the Polaris Snow and Timbersled product lines. The Service Engineer is a highly influential role, thriving as a strategic partner with the Snow Global Business Unit and Engineering teams, actively supporting operations of these teams, building strong internal relationships, and anticipating business, dealership, and customer needs related to service. The Service Engineer will also utilize an engineering background to act as the liaison between Central Service and Engineering, consult on product design for serviceability, and lead all field campaigns for the product line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Service Strategy Development & Execution:
- Lead the development of all aspects of service strategy, readiness, and support for the assigned product line(s).
- Assess non-technical product service strategies, and work with Global Business Unit leaders to align service with the key priorities of the business.
- Provide strategic and content input for Owner’s, Service, and Parts Manuals, as well as other product technical resources such as dealer training material.
- Identify and lead special projects and processes as part of continuous improvement and standardization initiatives.
Lead Design for Serviceability:
- Consult Design Engineering on the serviceability, simplification, and maintainability of products during the design process, provide recommendations, and lead action plans for improvement.
- Serve as THE go to person for all assigned product line(s) serviceability and maintainability issues (new product development and existing field issues).
- Develop cross-functional Serviceability Design Specifications and product service KPC’s for all new programs.
- Represent Central Service on all product development programs, and develop new service initiatives and training to adapt to new vehicle technologies.
- Work with Design Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering to eliminate service issues during design; maintain expertise about service technologies, and manufacturing, quality processes, and design processes.
- Lead development of special tools required to service the specified product line(s).
- Ensure Polaris Digital Wrench diagnostic software development adapts to support new and existing products.
- Attend and be an active member of all assigned product line(s) team meetings.
Lead Field Campaign Execution:
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for the Bulletin Field Execution Process, and manage all project execution aspects for the process.
- Recommend cost effective plans to resolve field issues as the expert on all available methods of internal and external communications to the dealer network.
- Represent the Service Department in Post Sales Surveillance activities to identify potential issues for the assigned product line(s).
- Maintain communication on product issues with Technical Service, Warranty, Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Legal, and Quality.
- Provide assistance for escalated customer and dealer inquiries.
- Maintain a comprehensive service knowledge of Polaris products.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Automotive, Manufacturing, or related)
- 3+ years of related experience
- Strong ability to network, build relationships, and influence decisions at all leadership levels
- Strong mechanical aptitude and practical experience, especially with snowmobile powertrains and systems
- Strong drive and initiative to identify and tackle issues
- Excellent analytical, data understanding, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient at Excel and data presentation, and driven to new tech
- Significant and proven project management experience across multi-level stakeholders
- Working knowledge of dealership retail service operations
- Experience in the manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of the snowmobile powersports industry and products
- General office environment, interacting with cross-functional teams
- Significant interaction with dealers and customers
- Some travel
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.