At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Senior Sourcing Lead in our Parts, Garments & Accessories (PG&A) division is a pivotal role at Polaris, charged with spearheading accessory procurement efforts for renowned brands like Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot, as well as Marine icons like Bennington, Godfrey, and Hurricane. This strategic position is tailored for a dynamic supply chain professional eager to steer supplier selection to elevate Polaris’ standing in quality, delivery, cost efficiency, and innovation. Your expertise will drive PG&A product introductions and seamlessly integrate engineering, PG&A product development, and the PG&A purchasing department from conceptualization to market launch.
- Orchestrate comprehensive supplier selection for On-Road & Marine Accessories, ensuring alignment with Polaris’ rigorous sourcing strategies.
- Drive the RFI/RFQ/RFP process to incorporate novel products and breakthrough technologies that resonate with our ambitious sourcing and product vision.
- Navigate supplier capabilities, ensuring alignment with Polaris’ production volume expectations and strategic goals.
- Foster robust alliances with the Global Sourcing team to synergize on strategy and optimize shared supplier relations.
- Streamline supplier engagements to guarantee the punctual arrival of products to consumers, enhancing Polaris’ market reputation.
- Seamlessly transition products from developmental stages to full-scale production in collaboration with the PG&A purchasing team.
- Advocate for the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring projects meet the gold standard in cost-efficiency, quality, and delivery.
- Drive the development, production, and successful launch of accessory products, setting the pace for industry innovation.
- Analyze project costs and performance, spearheading corrective actions and strategic cost reduction initiatives.
- Augment the segmentation of the PG&A supplier base, reinforcing Polaris’ competitive edge.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Sourcing/Procurement, with a track record of fostering robust supplier partnerships.
- Proven negotiation prowess, coupled with exceptional communication and analytical skills.
- In-depth experience with supply contracts on both domestic and international fronts.
- A solid understanding of engineering documentation, manufacturing controls, and technical specifications.
- Adept at commodity market analysis, poised to craft and execute forward-thinking sourcing strategies.
- Stellar organizational skills with the capability to juggle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- High-energy hybrid office environment (3 days in office, 2 days of flexibility).
- Able to travel up to 20%, including regular visits to key suppliers and Polaris’ engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- #LI-HYBRID #LI-RAO
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.