At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Program Leader with Indian Motorcycles has the responsibility to lead, direct and monitor design and development of vehicle programs from concept to production to achieve product objectives within a specified time schedule. This role will be accountable to manage & lead a cross-functional team to plan and execute vehicle programs with a strong focus on total program investment, timing & conformance to vehicle Key Product Characteristics (KPC’s) along with adherence to technical specifications using the Polaris Development Process (PDP). Success in achieving goals to schedule and budget is critical.
- Manages multiple small and large-scale programs and initiatives or technology projects that are 1-3 years in length, with significant overall financial investments.
- Manages and drives cross-functional program teams to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements; responsible for the overall success of the programs and support once in production.
- Manages multiple programs simultaneously using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved; manages programs through a gated process; must be considered a subject matter expert in the gated process.
- Responsible for the key decisions & milestones that drive the program objectives and metrics.
- Ensures that Manufacturing, Quality, and Purchasing resources are coordinated to provide issue resolution between all team members; supports accessory and service part planning and execution; drives necessary trade-offs to ensure program success.
- Drives the DVP&R activity as required through technical leads; recommends solutions and leads issue resolution as needed.
- Manages resources and task assignments within the team; coordinates issue resolution with functional Managers or Directors.
- Motivates the entire team and others affecting the program's success.
- Assists functional Managers & Directors to plan budgets and forecasts for manpower and expenses.
- Provides technical support for promotional materials, events, sales & marketing information, and service publications; acts as an Engineering advocate.
- Drives program risk mitigation planning activities with appropriate stakeholders.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills
- 3-5 years of program leadership or engineering project leadership experience, in similar industry; strong technical background.
- Excellent project planning, organization and administrative skills; subject matter expert in the application of project management tools and methodologies.
- Ability to understand how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Excellent ability to manage by influence with strong leadership skills; able to inspire and guide team members.
- Exhibits outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication).
- Understands and actively pursues the voice of the customer to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to directly supervise, lead and mentor others.
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
- Decisive and prone to action; must be quality-oriented, customer-focused and driven to succeed.
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of Polaris and Indian Motorcycles.
- Powersports riding experience (Motorcycle and/or ORV) strongly preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- B.S. Engineering Degree required
Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent that meet or exceed standard expectations.
Collaborating with Others
Working together with others in a cooperative and supportive manner to achieve shared goals.
Customer Value Management
Developing customer value plans to create value for sales opportunities through effective communications and thorough knowledge of customers and markets.
Creating a welcoming environment that encourages different perspectives and new ideas, building a culture of curiosity, openness, and creativity across the organization and the wider community.
Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability, and creating an infrastructure and transparent corporate culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment found in a typical office environment, quiet to moderate noise level.
- Up to 10% travel throughout the year, domestic.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.