At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Central Lean Manager, you will play a crucial role in driving continuous improvement and operational excellence across all Polaris production plants. You will be responsible to lead ongoing enhancements to the Polaris Production System (PPS) while collaborating with each production site to ensure the PPS is successfully implemented, sustained and also maturing. You will also partner with site leadership to increase lean knowledge and skill sets and foster a culture of lean thinking and efficiency throughout the organization. Furthermore, you will also serve as a Lean business partner to Global Operations functional leadership teams, providing thought leadership, coaching and support in efforts to drive out waste and create additional customer value.
- Ensure the consistent application of the Polaris Production System (PPS), lean principles, tools, and methodologies across all plants.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and lean thinking at all plant sites
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and best practice dissemination among all plants
- Provide effective leadership to facilitate and engage functional leaders and employees in focused deployment of Polaris Production System fundamentals.
- Partner with leaders to assess current state value stream, customer needs, and business priorities - identify strategic improvement opportunities.
- Facilitate development of functional Lean Long Range Planning strategy and vision.
- Develop strategic plans, drive action and facilitate resources to drive towards ideal state vision.
- Educate and align employees to the principles, practices and philosophies of the Polaris Production System.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts by Identifying, prioritizing, and communicating improvement opportunities.
- Guide, coach and train team members on Polaris Production System elements.
- Serve as a lean resource, champion, and subject matter expert.
- Support employee training and development efforts, perform training on lean tools, including Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Leader Standard Work, Daily Management, Problem Solving, 5S, Standard Work, Material Flow, SMED etc.
- Responsible for coaching and development of local change leaders / agents, empowering them to effectively drive and support transformation initiatives at their local sites
- Facilitate Kaizen events and manage highly complex projects across multiple businesses.
- Support efforts to establish and improve standard work, management systems, and key business processes.
- Conduct process performance reviews to ensure sustained performance improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field. MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 7+ years leadership experience with a proven track record of applying Lean thinking and problem solving.
- Solid knowledge and exposure to traditional lean transformation tools and techniques, Kaizen methods, TP, TQM, policy deployment, JIT, Hoshin, SMED, 5S, Poka Yoke, visual management, VSM, SOP, Gemba Walk
- Proven ability to lead, change and motivate at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/initiatives with budget limits and time constraints.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem solving tools/methods
- Knowledge of lean culture and continuous improvement principles and the application of appropriate tools to facilitate problem solving and change management.
- Preferred experience leading a lean transformation at a multi-site manufacturing organization, such as a post-merger integration, outsourcing/offshoring or lean production system implementation.
- Lean Expert or 6 Sigma Certifications strongly preferred
- Ability to speak/read Spanish preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Proven ability to build trust, facilitate difficult conversations and resolve conflict
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.