At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Lead a cross-functional team responsible for establishing and implementing the most efficient methods for production while meeting specified standards within safety, quality, delivery, and cost (SQDC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instruction
• Defines tooling and fixturing used in the manufacturing process. Coordinates with tool designers & maintenance team to specify or procure new tooling & fixtures
• Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards. Provides solutions to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost
• Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up, and workstation layout
• Drive to challenge status quo via review of new methods to improve elements of SQDC
• Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researches methods and procedures for cost reduction, station development and material flow improvement
• Assists in development and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment
• Work with cross-functional team on development of new products as a customer of design, sourcing, processing, ID through delivering validated build processes to support build of product
• Reviews preliminary designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturing and quality on new or existing parts
• Develops detailed, complete and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures
• Assists in preparation of departmental budget including material, manpower, equipment and outside procurement costs, and operates within approved parameters
• Reviews and evaluates costs pertaining to make vs. buy decisions and new product development
• Process purchase requisitions as required
• Team members are expected to work wherever needed based on training
• Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering
• 3-5 years of manufacturing engineering experience with knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software package and CAD software (AutoCAD, Creo, SolidWorks)
• Knowledge of data analytics tools (PowerBI, Alteryx) in support of action versus analysis
• Understanding of statistical process control (SPC)
• Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills
• Excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanic skill
• Strong project management skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.