At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for leading, motivating, coaching and communicating effectively to the Distribution team in assigned area(s). Assists the Warehouse Supervisor in managing resources to exceed day-to-day safety, productivity, quality, and delivery goals, while providing industry leading quality and service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Area of assigned responsibility will be determined based on business needs/conditions and may include rotations between multiple areas. (Wilmington’s current 5 Lead roles as of 8/2023 are: Parcel, Shipping/LTL, Receiving/Inbound Prep, Kolpin, Klim)
- Demonstrate situational leadership and supervision in support of Polaris work culture and values
- Demonstrate professionalism with all Polaris employees, colleagues, and outside business contacts
- Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for all employees throughout the warehouse
- Accountable for employee development, coaching, training, and mentoring
- Develop trust within employee groups through fairness, consistency, confidentiality, and leading by example
- Communicate effectively through all levels of warehouse to provide a clear and consistent message
- Drive continuous improvement in Service and Order Quality to achieve industry leading quality and customer service
- Analyze, develop, and initiate quality statistics, system controls, and action plans
- Directs and executes day-to-day work assignments consistent with group needs and work schedules
- Consistently exceed productivity objectives across shifts to support operational goals
- Develop and execute departmental objectives, budget plan, and contingency strategies
- Proactively seeks out productivity improvements with a continuous improvement mindset
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations mgmt, supply chain mgmt or equivalent preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 - 5 years of supervision/leadership experience preferred, experience in a warehouse setting required
- Proven problem solving, decision making, and planning skills
- Experience with LEAN fundamentals and waste reduction
- Strong organizational management, passion for quality, and supervisory skills will be needed
- Effectively manages and leads through change
- Systems experience with AS400, RF/Bar-coding technology and Microsoft Office products
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Fundamental understanding of distribution including receiving, pick/pack/ship, inventory, operations, and facilities
- Performance, results oriented individual with ability to create/sustain strong, positive, vibrant culture
- Standard warehouse environment
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. individually, or 75 lbs. with a team lift is required
- Ability to stand/walk for lengthy periods of time
- Ability to tolerate heights up to 26 feet
- During peak operational periods overtime may be required, including weekends
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.