At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Indian, the first American motorcycle company, is recruiting for a new position as a Powertrain Calibration Engineer. You will work with the product team for successful engine application and integration into motorcycles, primarily focusing on developing and validating the engine control system as part of the calibration process. If you would get job satisfaction by knowing you’re directly impacting what a customer feels when twisting the throttle on an Indian motorcycle, we’d love to talk to you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete calibrations for production that meet or exceed requirements for performance, drivability, and emissions.
- Develop pre-production engines / vehicles to ensure program(s) meet all government mandated emissions regulations with Polaris-specified margins.
- Develop and specify test procedures and equipment necessary to conduct powertrain performance and control system development testing on Polaris vehicles.
- Coordinate testing aspects of engine and vehicle development projects. Develop test criteria, systems requirement specifications, and test plans. Set goals, objectives and schedules.
- Contribute to the Calibration Peer Team. Adopt Peer Team calibration processes, improve them where appropriate and ensure that Polaris guidelines for vehicle drivability and performance are met or exceeded.
- Participate in engine controller software meetings. Understand engine control module (ECM) software function and recommend / validate algorithm changes.
- Test new or improved engine and vehicle integration components that require calibration changes, to validate they meet our targets.
- Participate in root cause failure analysis during the development process. Find and recommend practical solutions for specific failure modes as related to calibration related engine performance.
- Calibration and end-of-line support for specific engine production testing at engine and vehicle assembly plants as required.
- Record and analyze test data using statistical, analytical, and other state of the art techniques. Research alternatives and implement solutions to meet powertrain objectives.
- Interact with and direct resources at multiple Powertrain and product group engineering sites. This includes the ability to travel up to 25% of time to areas in the continental U.S.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE.
- BS or MS engineering degree with a minimum of 3 years of engine testing and calibration experience.
- Knowledge of the internal combustion engine process and how it relates to performance and emissions.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Motorcycle riding experience and passion for the market.
- History of using data analysis tools, especially Concerto and Matlab
- Experience with ETAS/INCA, ATI/Vision, Simulink, ASCET, and vehicle CAN
- Experience developing emissions control systems to regulatory requirements.
- Hands-on experience repairing / rebuilding small engines or automotive engines
- Fast paced testing and field environment
- Travel as needed (~25%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.