At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position will be responsible for the timely execution of colored finishes and decals applied to a wide range of ORV products. This role will interface with industrial design, manufacturing, engineering, and vendors in the implementation of new paint materials, colored resins, decorative decals and warning decals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages schedule, costs, risks and overall execution of colored finishes and decals applied to ORV products.
- Leads collaborative discussions between cross-functional stakeholders (product management, engineering, industrial design, purchasing, etc.) when issues challenge project deliverables.
- Coordinates sampling and trials of new decal and color materials and finishes.
- Collaborates with raw material suppliers and subject matter experts to initiate and prioritize development of new colored materials and finishes intended for ORV applications.
- Monitors validation of new colored materials and finishes, including hydrographic films. Enters test requests into the Polaris Corporate Testing System when needed.
- Manages documentation of newly validated colored materials and finishes.
- Initiates part orders and expedites as necessary to ensure on-time delivery for on-vehicle mock-ups. Supports other mock-up activities as needed.
- Adjusts bill of materials to reflect model aesthetics resulting from Graphics Review Milestones. Responsible for accuracy of all ORV colored content.
- Responsible for releasing new content through design stages in the Polaris Release System.
- Prepares and coordinates engineering change orders on modifications to colored parts.
- Supports manufacturing and quality problems relating to production verification of new paint and colored resin materials.
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives to bolster the Color and Graphics Development Process.
- Performs other miscellaneous project-related assignments as requested.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 4+ years of project management or administrative experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good leadership skills and ability
- Ability to work under pressure with tight timelines and maintain a positive attitude.
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines with a cooperative attitude.
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
- Decisive and prone to action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Experience with MAPICS, PRS (Polaris Release System), and/or structuring of bill of materials.
- Skilled with manipulating with large data tables.
- Background in Polaris PDP process or similar state gate process highly preferred.
- Experience working with paint or resin development.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.