At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is seeking an experienced DevOps Manager to lead and manage our DevOps practices for embedded systems development. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the design, implementation, and management of the entire DevOps process for embedded systems, ensuring that the development and deployment of software and firmware are efficient, secure, and reliable. This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected rider solutions. As a highly influential leader on the team, you will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. You will have the opportunity to directly impact connectivity, infotainment, and other software projects at Polaris. The ideal candidate is effective in a fast-paced Agile development environment, pushing industry best practices and system maturity. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support DevOps processes
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code
- Create dashboards to monitor development processes and make issues visible to the organization
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Coordination and communication within the team and with internal customers
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Participate in Agile meetings such as daily scrum, sprint review, retrospective review, etc.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE - MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS in Engineering related field
- Demonstrated experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery concepts.
- An understanding of embedded delivery constraints, deploying, configuring, and debugging distributed systems.
- Experience in tools such as GitHub, C++ compilers with GNU, MAKE, CMAKE, dashboard tools.
- Linux and Yocto project proficiency.
- Basic scripting ability with Bash or other languages like Python.
- Experience in AWS-hosted design and migration process from in-house to cloud environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in DevOps for embedded systems
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE - PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with tools like Terraform, Docker, AWS ECS/Fargate, Jenkins
- Knowledge of the code quality tool Coverity and Black Duck
- 3+ years with Agile methodology and have direct experience to apply Agile methodology in automotive software development field, preferably SAFe.
- 3+ years of Infotainment (or similar) software development experience.
- Strong collaboration skills. Strong influence skills. Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action. Quality and customer focused. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong facilitation skills. Team Player that can work well across and up and down the organization. Strong professional development and team building skills.
- Standard office environment
- Remote preferred, travel required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.