At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Director of Technical Service & Warranty serves as a key strategic leader within our Service organization and is accountable to drive best in class service to our dealers, and owners. This role is also accountable for establishing and driving the overall service vision & strategy in partnership with broader service leadership.
With a rich understanding of dealers, customers, and Polaris, you will contribute to business strategy, anticipate dealer service requirements, and translate projected future needs into actionable plans. You will monitor, propose, and incubate capabilities which are innovative, drive value, and create a competitive advantage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and deliver the technical service and warranty functional business strategy, anticipate strategic implications, and build alignment across the organization.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the long-range service strategy, annual planning, capability development, talent management, and culture.
- Develop and deliver initiatives that result in effective lean processes, controls, communication methods, and milestone success metrics.
- Assess emerging technology and anticipate evolving expectations of consumers and dealers against assessed advancements. Develop and deliver corresponding capabilities to leverage emerging technology.
- Develop and manage service metric indicators that enable business decisions based on trend data.
Team Leadership & Development
- Responsible for direct and indirect reports within technical service and warranty areas. Recruit, retain, inspire, motivate, develop, and manage a high performing team. Grow a culture that drives high engagement and sense of purpose, create a culture that attracts and retains top talent within the organization.
- Develop a team that utilizes data and analytics to provide clarity to issues and opportunities, drives results, and promotes cross-functional involvement and alignment.
- Foster a continuous improvement culture through the deployment of lean principles, internal efficiencies, controlling resource costs, and promoting cross-functional involvement.
- Influence and motivate cross-functional teams to ensure objectives are met within plan.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- 4-year degree in business, engineering, or related field. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of technical and service experience across powersports or automotive service functions; including operations and customer engagement.
- Rich understanding of vehicle diagnostic technologies with a drive to stay current on new innovations.
- Proven capability in organizing & delivering large, complex, and transformational initiatives.
- Proven experience in developing and building a high-performing team.
- Proficiency in PC skills - Microsoft Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint, CRM, and Excel
Standard, fast-paced office environment, travel required as needed.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.