At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Responsible for developing our future global control system platforms. This role will develop a common control system architecture that will be used across all Polaris products. Responsible for influencing and pitching platforming opportunities proof of concepts, and technical requirements for implementation to internal stakeholders.
- Activities will include developing common architecture documentation, highlighting and implementing platforming opportunities. Additionally, this role will include presenting to Polaris Leadership, technical and business-related material centered around this key platform initiative. This is a key technical development position, shaping the future of Polaris products for years to come.
- This is a highly visible role. Your success in this position will not only depend on your technical expertise but also your business acumen and soft skills: strong internal motivation, ability to articulate Return On Investment not only for specific product groups but Polaris overall, empathy for your customer, ability to influence, and discipline to maintain a calm and rational demeanor in the face of strong challenges by equally skilled colleagues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide cross functional leadership to vehicle electrical control system engineers to define our immediate and future vehicle control systems.
- Perform external assessments of control systems in like and adjacent industries. This will include benchmarking, supplier interviews, and general research.
- Decompose, via working with product group business leaders, present and future product trends into future control systems KPCs.
- Assist leadership with business planning to support future investment in global controls project.
- Define, and document proposed global controls architectures.
- Prototype as appropriate to accelerate learnings and influence key stakeholders.
- B.S. or higher in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or similar Engineering field required.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience with control system development required, with preferred experience in powersports, automotive, or agriculture fields.
- Experience with ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 preferred
- Experience with vehicle communication networks required; CAN, J1939 and UDS strongly preferred
- System engineering mindset, with proven experience platforming complex systems.
- Process oriented mindset for adherence to engineering rigor.
- Experience in requirements management
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
- Strong interpersonal skills required, with the ability to put yourself in a technical sales mindset as you interact with the product groups and suppliers.
- Self-driven and comfortable operating in ambiguity.
- Experience in effective problem solving
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.