At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Polaris, a global powersports leader in off-road vehicles, motorcycles and snowmobiles, is looking for an experienced and passionate manager for our Vehicle & Electronics Software (VES) development team. This is an exciting role leading the team building Ride Command, our world class connected rider solution. It requires leadership skills, business & technical acumen, and the ability to effectively execute projects. You will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly, directly impacting cloud initiatives, mobile applications, trail mapping and other development projects at Polaris. The ideal candidate is an articulate and organized hands-on leader by example, who is effective in a fast-paced agile development environment, can shepherd development processes, mentor and supervise hardware engineers at all levels, and collaborate across teams within the company. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
Responsibilities include balancing multiple project priorities within a portfolio of initiatives, managing resources and schedule, working closely with product managers and Polaris vehicle teams, and enabling the passionate and highly skilled engineering talent of the Ride Command team to do their best work
Engineering Manager leading the Hardware and Mechanical teams. Responsible for the design and development of In Vehicle Infotainment (IVI), Gauges, and Display hardware and mechanical engineering to meet the needs of multiple product groups.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the current and future technical needs of the various product groups, distill to a technical strategy, and execute development activity to meet the vehicle needs.
- Create development plans around improvement to existing designs and create development plans for new platform components within the engineering group.
- Manage hardware engineering team to deliver platform components that enables software controls per requirements.
- Tracks technology development trends and competitive product development trends to help identify and anticipate future opportunities and competitive threats.
- Report out to product groups, management teams and Polaris’ senior management to keep them abreast of these trends and their implications.
- Interface with Manufacturing and Sourcing teams to ensure alignment of development activity to strategy Interfaces with Service & Warranty team as needed to ensure adequate in-field product support for dealers and customers.
- Responsible for staff development and transfer of knowledge to team.
- Coordinate and oversee engineering development, testing, design, and validation efforts to ensure project objectives are met per schedule and budget
- Resolve and implement corrective action on field issues and warranty.
- Program management of unique projects (proof of concepts)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BS in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years previous experience in transportation, powersports or related hardware field.
- 5+ years previous experience in designing and developing hardware.
- 3+ years previous experience in managing engineers or hardware developments.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
- Familiar with the latest hardware technology in Industry.
- Strong collaboration skills across entire department.
- Strong influence skills. Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team Player that can work well across and up and down the organization.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Strong professional development and team building skills.
- Understanding of software engineering principles and processes.
- Minnesota and Michigan office assignment would require 25% travel to Battle Ground, WA location.
The salary range for Washington is $138,000 to $160,000. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geography.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.