At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer SME (subject matter expert) provides leadership focused on powertrain (engine and clutch) central assembly, test, and manufacturing systems at our domestic and international plants. This Sr. Manufacturing Engineer role is a great opportunity to define the strategic direction for powertrain assembly company-wide along with leading the replication and implementation of powertrain assembly best practices at new facility launches and for special projects.
- Develop the processes, procedures, equipment, best practices, and manufacturing strategy for assembly, test and manufacturing systems.
- Define the processes, procedures, equipment, best practices, and manufacturing strategy for powertrain assembly.
- Define and manage plant and tooling capital and expense budgets specific to assigned projects.
- Lead new equipment installations for powertrain assembly and replicate best practices for successful facility launches.
- Ensure best practices are replicated for assembly, test, and manufacturing systems while being directly responsible to replicate best practices for engine assembly processes and equipment.
- Assist manufacturing engineering supervisor and manufacturing team with the development, justification and execution of long range plans to meet corporate objectives.
- Recognize current production problems and address in new design development.
- Assist in development of capital budgets and expense budgets.
- Special duties assigned.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or related technology degree.
- 5+ years of Assembly Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Strong organizational, communication (written, verbal, presentation), leadership and project management skills.
- Able to communicate to all levels of an organization.
- Possess a general understanding of financial metrics & measures
- Able to travel internationally (up to 30%).
- Manufacturing Engineering experience specific to assembling engines and clutches.
- Supervisory experience.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.