At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position will provide leadership to an operations team of supervisors, technical staff, and
production team members to deliver world class business results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost. This person will provide day-to-day: leadership and supervision in the achievement of productivity, schedule attainment, quality and Employee Health Safety programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops methods of improvements in current production practices to promote efficiency and lower costs.
- Provide leadership to an operations team of supervisors, technical staff and production team members to deliver world class business results in
- the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and people.
- Coach/mentor for Supervisors, Manufacturing Engineers, and Process Techs & Leads. Develop a pipeline of talent to meet the future needs of
- the business.
- Work collaboratively with supply chain, purchasing and other production departments to reach business goals
- Coordinates the activities and time tables of the production group to best utilize personnel.
- Coach and support area of responsibility, including training and talent development.
- Lead according to GPTW and PPS Standards.
- Daily communication and coordination with teams, other supervisors and departments.
- Development and Implementation of Standard Work for own and team activities.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects.
- Prepare and adhere to department budget.
- Enforce policies and procedures and apply disciplinary action as needed.
- Coordinate departmental communication and activities with Maintenance and Engineering.
- Provides guidance in the resolution of employee conflicts and recommends corrective action when necessary.
- Reviews and recommends changes to production schedule to best enhance productivity.
- Coordinates studies and projects for improvements in processes, equipment, and cost reductions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in BS Mechanical or other technical engineering degree.
- 4 - 7 years of manufacturing experience.
- Outstanding leadership, influence and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to lead process improvements in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple operations.
- High integrity.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to be hands-on in the operation.
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Shift Rotation Required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.