At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris-Roseau has two opportunities for Journeymen or Master Electricians. One position works on 2nd shift and the other works on 3rd shift.
Assist maintenance supervisor supporting plant production through installation, modification, and troubleshooting of plant electrical systems and equipment. Minnesota Journeyman or Master Electrician license required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and troubleshoot electrical on production equipment and facility systems.
- Install equipment and assist vendors with new equipment installation and repair, ensuring all work is completed in accordance with the National Electric Codes.
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on systems, machinery, and equipment.
- Assist with the design, construction, or modifications to existing facility and equipment
- Work with Project Engineers on facility projects and improvements.
- Specific assignments as directed by the Maintenance Work Order system.
- Make sure all assigned work orders are completed in a timely manner
- Document and update all maintenance work orders completed Maintenance Work Order System
- Work closely on scheduling to make sure planned work orders and emergency calls are getting completed
- Communicate with off shift maintenance personnel to ensure smooth transition of work between shifts
- Perform & support safe and healthy work practices, while strictly following all safety rules and regulations. This includes insuring OSHA compliance in all areas & activities of the maintenance and custodial teams
- Assist in establishing and maintaining maintenance standards and procedures
- Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area in compliance with 5-Pillar Standards
- Communicates and facilitates effectively to maintain a positive work environment and an engaged workforce
- Perform special projects as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- +2 years equivalent electrical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Construction plans, blueprints and electrical specifications knowledge sufficient to interpret, modify and follow them to complete the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment
- Knowledge of OSHA/safety guidelines, procedures and policies related to maintenance and repair (such as Lock Out/Tag Out, OSHA 10 hour or 30 hour training)
- EAM experience / Computer skills
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) a plus
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well with little supervision
- High integrity.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- 2-year technical degree in electrical technology required MN Journeyman or Master Electrician license required
- Occasional off-shift / weekend / holiday / overtime work required
- Ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced work environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.