Regulatory Compliance EngineerPlymouth (Bass Creek), MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Compliance Specialist / Regulatory Engineer, this role will support Polaris' aftermarket Parts, Garments, and Accessories (PG&A) global business unit. This position plays a key role identifying and obtaining global certifications and homologations for PG&A parts. Additionally, the role will closely track and implement global product regulations including emissions, noise, and product safety standards; including close partnership with product engineering to develop and execute compliance processes, systems, and test plans.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a compliance strategy for PG&A compliance.
- Identify global requirements applicable to PG&A.
- Identify parts subject to CE and E-mark requirements and ensure compliance.
- Obtain and maintain Polaris PG&A certifications and support Supplier PG&A certifications.
- Develop and prepare deliverables for stage gate product development process (PDP) reviews.
- Support engineering research and development activities for PG&A parts.
- Plan and coordinate with engineering, manufacturing, sales, and marketing.
- Document existing and new Product Compliance processes for PG&A, e.g., order & ship controls.
- Assist Off-Road, On-Road, and Radio Product Compliance Managers with business unit-specific PG&A compliance process needs.
- Assist in preparation of compliance management plans, compliance schedules, and reports
- Assist in analysis and resolution of regulatory issues to mitigate compliance risk
- Assist in effectively managing change to ensure regulatory compliance
- Advise on compliance matters to management and staff
- Additional Tasks and duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 3-years of regulatory compliance experience; ideally within consumer products or a closely related category.
- Experience partnering with product engineering teams to define and implement testing/validation procedures.
- Ability to influence effectively in a matrixed environment and to communicate globally.
- Working knowledge of product compliance requirements and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or a closely related field.
Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability, and creating an infrastructure and transparent corporate culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability.
Creating a welcoming environment that encourages different perspectives and new ideas, building a culture of curiosity, openness, and creativity across the organization and the wider community.
Collaborating with Others
Working together with others in a cooperative and supportive manner to achieve shared goals.
Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent that meet or exceed standard expectations.
Customer Value Management
Developing customer value plans to create value for sales opportunities through effective communications and thorough knowledge of customers and markets.
- Limited travel (<10%) domestic and international.
- Dynamic hybrid-working environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.