Die Cast Operator - 2nd ShiftMonticello, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris MCO is looking for an ambitious and experienced High Pressure Die Casting Machine Operator to be part of the team that operates in a new casting facility comprising of two new 2500T Buhler Carat machines, StrikoWestofen melting and dosing furnaces, ABB robot extract and spray and associated peripherals. The position activities will be exciting and wide-ranging from assisting in initial equipment commissioning, and optimization of the process during tool development and responsibility for running the high pressure die casting cell during production. This position ideally requires an individual with large tonnage high pressure die cast machine set up and operation.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fully support all aspects of the WSI in-house casting facility
- Setting up and taking down die cast tools, shot end tooling, dosing furnaces, robots, trims and integration of the peripherals
- The operation of the high pressure die cast machines and trim press
- Developing and running the die cast process in terms of shot profiles, temperatures, cooling, lubricant types and concentrations and spray programs
- Inspect and verify accuracy of product for quality conformance using measuring and testing machines/equipment or by visual examination
- Documentation of established optimized processes and training of other operators
- Facilitate and document any tooling repairs and maintenance required
- Assembly and disassembly of tooling and basic maintenance
- Crane operation
- Metal handling and monitoring of furnaces
- Promote and ensure a safe, clean, harassment free, working environment.
- Ensure uptime targets are achieved.
- Ensure production standards are achieved
- Ensure acceptable scrap levels achieved and maintained.
- Additional tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- At least 4 years of experience in the die casting industry preferred
- Large tonnage high pressure die casting experience preferred
- Able to set up and run all aspects of die cast tooling and process
- Metal handling experience preferred
- Familiarity with Buhler Presses, Metal Mechanics Trim Presses, and ABB robots preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships to lead change.
- Strong customer focus.
- Demonstrates strong troubleshooting skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work requests or environment.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The following physical demands must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment.
- Occasional exposure to chemicals and fumes.
- Constant exposure to moderate noise.
- Constant standing and walking throughout workday.
- Constant wear of eye protection (Industry standard safety equipment is provided by Polaris MCO).
Definitions: Constant (6-10 hrs./shift) Frequent: (2-5 hrs./shift) Occasional: (Up to 2 hrs./shift)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.