Sr Sourcing LeadBrooklyn Park, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Sr. Sourcing Lead, you will be responsible for strategy development and implementation for assigned categories in alignment with the broader Commodity Strategy. You will manage the supply base to ensure that all suppliers meet our four priorities: Delivery, Quality, New Product Integration, and Cost Competitiveness. You will also lead cross-functional teams by evaluating and utilizing team's skill sets to increase or achieve results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Identify and establish new supplier relationships to ensure sufficient communication and alignment between the suppliers and Polaris.
- Lead development and implementation of supply agreements and LTAs (to be signed by Sourcing Manager or above) and ensure adherence.
- Responsible for supplier selection and maintenance of the RFx matrix for their commodities.
- Responsible to propose supplier onboarding and exits to Sourcing Manager and implement when approved.
- Initiate RFx for new parts and part revisions to approved suppliers based on defined commodity strategy and propose supplier selections for assigned commodity.
- Determine supplier capability and fit based on inputs from commodity team and other cross-functional teams.
- Coordinate the implementation of cost reduction projects, supplier exits, and tool transitions.
- Work with both external raw material suppliers and molders, and Polaris molding operations in overseeing continuity of supply, new product launches, operational performance and risk mitigation.
- Responsible for maintaining and communicating material prices to internal/external stakeholders.
- Manage cost, schedule, technical, and drawing release status of projects and lead corrective actions as required.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Commodity Strategy that supports plans and goals. Establish the multi-year vision for the commodity taking into account input from the internal customers, purchasing goals, risk, future growth plans, and broader supply chain strategy.
- Responsible for establishing and meeting annual budget requirements for assigned commodities. Understands the market forces that impact resin pricing and work with market intelligence, pricing trends and indices to establish material cost forecasts and assess impact to the organization.
Sourcing Priority Management:
- Establish both short (1 year) and long-term (3 years+) cost reduction approaches for assigned commodities to align with budget and LRP commitments.
- Utilize tools like: fact based negotiation, should cost modeling, and competitive market analysis to initiate cost reduction projects. Establish contractual commitments to ensure longer-term cost savings to meet departmental goals.
- Support supplier quality function in determining root cause, necessary containment and counter measure activities for quality related issues.
- Monitor and drive supplier performance through business review meetings for assigned categories to ensure both parties meet obligations under the terms of the agreement which include performance standards and continuous improvement initiatives.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Business Administration, Economics or technical area
- APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
- 6+ years of sourcing, purchasing, analytics, commodity market intelligence/reporting or relevant similar experience (sales, engineering, chemical, petrochemical: resins, rubbers and plastics market analytics/reporting, etc.) required. Cross functional project management and/or commodity management experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in managing a plastics or resin category preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven track record of strong, effective leadership.
- High level of critical thinking and analysis to resolve high impact, complex, and/or cross department problems.
- Effective negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication within team and cross-functionally.
- Effective time-management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Functional knowledge of engineering documentation, manufacturing process control, and technical data.
- Advanced knowledge of supply contracts with domestic and international suppliers.
- Advanced knowledge of commodity markets, with capability to analyze data and develop strategies that incorporate macroeconomic indicators.
- In depth understanding of global olefins and polyolefins market dynamics: regional supply/demand balances, varying feedstock cost curves and global trade flow patterns in plastics and resins monomer/polymer markets.
- Prior experience and knowledge of engineering resins and specialty chemical additives used in automotive related applications for various end-uses.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to operations leadership and at time executive leadership.
- Knowledge of project management tools and ability to assist in tasks assigned by Project Managers.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- Approx. 15% travel, including international travel (Europe and SE Asia primarily)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.