Logistics Analyst – Parts, Garments & AccessoriesPlymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Logistics Analyst, Parts, Garments and Accessories (PG&A) is responsible for driving strategies and projects to optimize delivery, quality, and cost objectives within transportation operations between Polaris PG&A suppliers, distribution centers and customers. The key areas of responsibility for this position are focused on developing and maintaining an effective Drop Ship program and the improvement/optimization of the PG&A Transportation network delivering to our distribution centers, dealers, and eCommerce customers. This individual will act as the primary liaison between carriers, distribution centers, dealer support, finance, and internal clients, to drive continuous process and operational improvement to meet Polaris’s objectives. The Logistics Analyst is expected to leverage strong performance monitoring, analytical curiosity, critical thinking, and decision-making skills to drive optimization efforts for freight expenses and operations while maintaining a high level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all attributes of logistics optimization including inbound, outbound, and transfer freight expenses across North America within selected modes (Small Parcel, Less-Than-Truckload, Truckload, etc.)
- Coordinate with operations (local and international), international trade, logistics service providers and customer service teams to drive process and operations improvements to meet customer/dealer satisfaction requirements
- Enhance transportation processes for Polaris’s products, carrier’s, new DCs and dynamic operational requirements
- Demonstrate measurable optimization with processes, suppliers, carriers, and projects as assigned
- Translate business needs and priorities into actionable logistics strategies and projects
- Proactively identify and communicate transportation optimization opportunities and recommendations
- Ensure compliance with all logistics rules and regulations in relation to PG&A operations
- Analyze, and innovate new ideas/insights regarding logistics improvement opportunities
- Design and automate workflow to reduce supplier shipping errors, monitor and drive continuous enhancements
- Source and execute process improvement opportunities to reduce logistics costs and waste and increase safety, quality, and delivery results
- Develop a best in class drop ship program with PG&A suppliers to lessen inventory holding cost, reduce costs and improve delivery
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- College bachelor’s degree in Operations, Logistics, Business, or Similar
- Logistics/Supply Chain understanding with 2+ years professional experience
- Strategic vision and ability to properly evaluate tradeoffs in managing logistics cost reductions
- Proven track record of decision making, cost reduction, problem solving and process improvement
- Analytical curiosity to uncover new methods of transportation concepts to drive results
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams toward a common goal
- Ability to learn and become self-sufficient with data warehouse query tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.