Advanced Product Development Engineer – Electrified AccessoriesPlymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is seeking an Advanced Product Development Engineer – Electrified Accessories to join our Parts, Garments and Accessories (PG&A) business unit to be part of our Product Design and Development (PD&D) team. The charter of the PD&D team is to drive advanced product development of new products, ideas, and technologies in the categories of electrification, connected and other new markets/categories. As the Advanced Product Development Engineer – Electrified Accessories you will be tasked with the technology incubation and solution pre-development of several electrification-based initiatives for accessories that support our Off-Road Vehicle, On-Road and Marine businesses. Advance technology maturity to high levels of application readiness levels to support future commercialization. This role will interface with the broader PG&A organization, several other business units, and our internal/external technology teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leading Advanced Development projects from product ideation to functional/working prototype and into the production product development process
- Work closely with PG&A Product Planning to translate customer accessory experience vision into detailed system level requirements definition
- Create detailed project execution charters for advanced development projects
- Facilitate key advanced product development reviews such as system architecture, concept selection, design, and development reviews
- Develop and own accessory system technical design and integration requirements
- Develop accessory system interface definitions and requirements
- Manage and own accessory and accessory interface requirements
- Drive technical alignment amongst accessory system interface owners
- Collaboration with our Intellectual Property team to protect ownership of key ideas and designs
- Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and functions
- Collaborate with Insights for market and product research
- Attend industry technology shows in areas of electrification technologies and provide assessment of application integration opportunity/feasibility
- Be an advocate for electrification technologies for Powersports
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Agriculture Engineering (or related engineering degree)
- 3-5 years minimum of product development experience
- Strong interest in technology development especially in the Electrification field.
- Experience with lithium-ion battery development and system integration
- Experience with electrical mechanical systems integration specifically with battery powered systems
- Ability to operate within a space with high degree of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Track record of leading & supporting multiple projects concurrently
- Product development experience from ideation/concept to production launch
- Effective in technical problem solving
- Proven track record in presenting technical content to non-technical audience
- External technical development partner engagement preferred
- Standard office environment. Regular trips to key suppliers, Polaris’s engineering, and manufacturing facilities.
- Some travel required <10% for external partner engagement, field development trips, industry shows, etc.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.