CAE Engineer, Vehicle Dynamics (Off Road Vehicles)Monterrey
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Provide technical and engineering support in the area of vehicle dynamics to enhance the Polaris corporate strategy in this critical area of Off Road Vehicle design. Actively participate with design teams to develop world class chassis system designs. This position reports to the ORV CAE Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) CAD; use CREO tools to navigate and extract information from large models and complex assemblies to create MBD models.
2) Mass management; create mass property breakdowns for MBD model creations.
3) Kinematic Analysis; use the MBD tools to create kinematic reports for systems engineers.
4) Virtual Garage; populate and maintain a repository of input data, results and release models.
5) Knowledgebase Creation; including the development of ride and handling procedures, methods, and metrics.
6)Test Data Analysis; Understand design performance through test data analysis.
7) Methods Development; Implementation of customer focused Polaris specific CAE tools and best practices. Automation and continuous improvement.
8) Early Integration; Apply knowledge and tools to the architecture selection and target setting early in design.
9) Stretch Assignments: Work includes exposure to many vehicles and types of problems, including stretch opportunities outside of core responsibilities. Technology development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years with BS in Engineering
- Vehicle Dynamics: Basic knowledge of the vehicle dynamics topic for off road vehicle and other recreational vehicles, including overall vehicle architecture and systems engineering principals. Understands technical principles and can apply these for the benefit of the business. Includes regulatory and technical standards review and writing.
- Entry level position.
- Test methods, test methods development, and data post-processing.
- Experimental / numerical data correlation, MBD model validation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player with the ability to work effectively with teams. Ability to work in diverse and co-located teams
- Basic knowledge of CAE tools and software.
- Racing/motorsports experience.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.